Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Had a Bad Day

Was reading through my journal and found this entry from a while back. I thought it was humorous because I am a horrible procrastinator and this day that was really really obvious.

Second thing I remember…
I called Gordon’s food service. I called them because part of our 30 hour famine is doing work projects. This year we are going to cherry street mission to help feed homeless people. I put off calling them because I’m scared of doing anything productive on the phone I guess. It’s like I know that I have to do something and so it immediately becomes my goal to not do it as well as I can. But I decided to press through and call them. It was real easy after they picked up their end of the phone line. Arlene was her name. She reminded me of a really sunny day. She basically planned the meal for me. All this took about 5 minutes. I liked that part of my day! I felt productive even though really it was Arlene who was productive and I was just on the phone with her. But maybe next time I won’t be so scared to pick up the phone to get stuff moving?

No comments:

Post a Comment